IF YOU OR SOMEONE YOU INVITED ANSWER SURVEYS:
- Surveys are administered by TINYhr. We host the surveys on our websites and collect the responses submitted. If you have any questions about a survey you are taking, please contact support@TINYhr.com or your organization’s survey owner who signed you up for this service.
- Are your responses anonymous? TINYpulse surveys are anonymous by default, but CLIENTpulse surveys are not. If you respond to a TINYpulse survey, your email address is not automatically associated with the response; nor is it transmitted by TINYhr to the survey owner. However, there are rare circumstances whereby the survey owner may be able to associate responses with a person. For example, if one or a very small amount of people respond to a TINYpulse survey, the survey owner may be able to intuit who provided the responses. Additionally, a response will not be anonymous if you decide to include information that identifies you in your response – TINYhr does not modify or edit responses.
TINYhr is used by survey owners (people who are able to access the results of surveys) and survey respondents (people who answer surveys). Our treatment of information as it pertains to each category is described below:
- What information does TINYhr collect? When you use TINYhr, we collect information relating to you and your use of our services from a variety of sources. These are listed below. The sections afterward describe what we do with this information.
- Information we collect directly from you
- Registration information. You need a TINYhr account before you can create surveys on TINYhr. When you register for an account, we collect and store all registration information.
- Billing information. If you make a payment to TINYhr, we require you to provide your billing details, such as a name, address, email address and financial information corresponding to your selected method of payment (e.g. a credit card number and expiration date or a bank account number). If you provide a billing address, we will regard that as the location of the account holder.
- Account settings. You can set various preferences and personal details on our Settings page.
- Survey data. We store your survey data (questions and responses) for you.
- Other data you intentionally share. We may collect your personal information or data if you submit it to us in other contexts. For example, if you provide us with a testimonial, participate in a TINYhr contest, or send us an email with comments or suggestions.
- We safeguard your respondents' email addresses. Rest assured, TINYhr definitely does not sell those email addresses to any third parties.
- How does TINYhr use the information we collect? We may disclose aggregated, anonymous, or anonymized data to third parties for market research, academic research, benchmarking, or any other purpose. In all such instances, we will not disclose any identifiable information about you, your respondents, or your company. TINYhr may also analyze your usage patterns and the usage patterns and respondents to improve or optimize our services.
- To manage our services. We internally use your information, including certain survey data, for the following limited purposes:
- To monitor and improve our services and features. We internally perform statistical and other analysis on information we collect (including usage data, device data, referral data, and information from page tags) to analyze and measure user behavior and trends, to understand how people use our services, and to monitor, troubleshoot and improve our services. However, we do not use the non-public content of surveys (i.e. the content of questions and responses that you have not publicly shared) for these purposes.
- To prevent potentially illegal activities.
- To screen for undesirable or abusive activity. For example, we have automated systems that screen content for phishing activities, spam, and fraud.
- To create new services, features or content (public data and metadata only). We may use public survey data and anonymized survey metadata (that is, data about the characteristics of a survey but not its non-public content), to create and provide new services, features or content. For example, we may look at statistics like response rates, question and answer word counts, and the average number of questions in a survey and publish interesting observations about these for informational or marketing purposes.
- To contact you about your service or account. We occasionally send you communications of a transactional nature (e.g. service-related announcements, billing-related matters, changes to our services or policies, a welcome email when you first register). You cannot opt out of these communications since they are required to provide our services to you.
- To respond to legal requests and prevent harm. If we receive a subpoena or other legal request, we may need to inspect the data we hold to determine how to respond.
- When might we disclose your survey data to third parties? Only for a limited number of reasons. Mostly commonly, we share your information with our service providers who help us to provide our services to you. We contractually bind these service providers to keep your information confidential and to use it only for the purpose of providing their services to us. For example, we use payment processors who help us to process credit card transactions. By using our services, you authorize TINYhr to sub-contract in this manner on your behalf. Rarer circumstances include when we need to share information if required by law, or in a corporate restructuring or acquisition context (see below for more details).
- Sharing your surveys for research and related purposes. We may provide aggregated, “blind” data to third parties or researchers to conduct research. We may also provide such information to third parties for overall forecasting, trend research, or other purposes.
- We may disclose:
- Aggregated information to third parties to improve or promote our services. No individuals can be identified or linked to any part of the information we share with third parties to improve or promote our services.
- The presence of a cookie to advertise our services. We may ask advertisers to display ads promoting our services on other websites. We may ask them to deliver those ads based on the presence of a cookie but in doing so will not share any other information with the advertiser.
- Your information if required or permitted by law. We may disclose your information as required or permitted by law, or when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, subpoena, or other legal process served on us.
- Your information if there's a change in business ownership or structure. If ownership of all or substantially all of our business changes, or we undertake a corporate reorganization (including a merger or consolidation) or any other action or transfer between TINYhr entities, you expressly consent to TINYhr transferring your information to the new owner or successor entity so that we can continue providing our services. If required, TINYhr will notify the applicable data protection agency in each jurisdiction of such a transfer in accordance with the notification procedures under applicable data protection laws.
- Information you expressly consent to be shared. For example, we may expressly request your permission to provide your contact details to third parties for various purposes, including to allow those third parties to contact you for marketing purposes. (You may later revoke your permission, but if you wish to stop receiving communications from a third party to which we provided your information with your permission, you will need to contact that third party directly.)
- What are your rights to your information? You can:
- Update your account details. You can update your registration and other account information on your Settings page.
- Capture your survey data. You can take screenshots of your data and survey responses. We may in our discretion provide tools to export the data and survey responses.
- Cancel your account. Deleting your account will not cause all the survey data in the account to be permanently deleted, and will disable your access to any other services that require a TINYhr account. We will respond to any such request, and any appropriate request to access, correct, update or delete your personal information within the time period specified by law (if applicable) or without excessive delay. We will promptly fulfill requests to delete personal data unless the request is not technically feasible or such data is required to be retained by law (in which case we will block access to such data, if required by law).
- For how long do we retain your data? We generally retain your data permanently. However, we reserve the right to delete or purge such data.
- Information we collect directly from you:
- Survey responses. We collect and store the survey responses that you submit If you have any questions about a survey you are taking, please contact your organization’s manager who signed up for the service.
- Are your survey responses anonymous? TINYpulse surveys are anonymous by default, but CLIENTpulse surveys are not. If you respond to a TINYpulse survey, your email address is not automatically associated with the response; nor is it transmitted by TINYhr to the survey owner. However, there are rare circumstances whereby the survey owner may be able to associate responses with a person. For example, if one or a very small amount of people respond to a survey, the survey owner may be able to intuit who provided the responses. Additionally, a response will not be anonymous if you decide to include information that identifies you in your response – TINYhr does not modify or edit responses.
- How does TINYhr use the information we collect? Your survey responses are managed by the survey owner who signed up for TINYhr services. Please contact the survey owner directly to understand how they will use your survey responses. We also use the information we collect from you (including usage data, device data, referral data and information from page tags) to manage and improve our services. Furthermore, we may aggregate your responses as described in this policy.
- With whom do we share or disclose your information? TINYhr does not sell your survey responses, but we may make aggregate, anonymized, or anonymous data available to third parties for research or other purposes. We disclose:
- Your survey responses to the survey owner. Anything you expressly disclose in your survey responses will, naturally, be provided to them. Please contact the survey owner directly to understand how they might share your survey responses
- Security, cookies and other important information
- Blogs and Forums. Our website offers publicly accessible blogs and may offer community forums in the future. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. We’re not responsible for any personal information you choose to submit in these areas of our site.
- Safety of Minors and COPPA. Our services are not intended for and may not be used by minors. "Minors" are individuals under the age of majority in their place of residence (or under 13 in the United States). TINYhr does not knowingly collect personal data from minors or allow them to register. If it comes to our attention that we have collected personal data from a minor, we may delete this information without notice. If you have reason to believe that this has occurred, please contact us at support@TINYhr.com .
Disclosure of Information Pursuant to Subpoena or to Protect TINYhr or Third Parties